One crucial thing that schools don’t teach you in the area of business is learning to raise funds for your business. While I don’t claim to be an angel investor with vast experience in getting capital for million-dollar businesses, I feel that this is an important life skill that all of us, whether students or retirees, can learn. It is not easy (whoever said financial freedom in life is?) but when you master it, you will have an edge over other budding business owners who only have access to their own financial resources to fund their business. In this post, I will be sharing a list of books that teach you how to raise capital for your business. Let’s get started.
1. The Art of Raising Capital: for Entrepreneurs and Investors by Darren Weeks
To take a look at this book on Amazon, click here. (Note: this is NOT an affiliate link; all the links I post here are to facilitate your reading and buying IF you are keen only. No commercial intent for this post)
2. Raising Capital: Get the Money You Need to Grow Your Business by Andrew J. Sherman
Click here to browse the book on Amazon.
3. Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal by Oren Klaff
This book is found on Amazon here.
4. What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know: An Insider Reveals How to Get Smart Funding for Your Billion Dollar Idea by Brian Cohen
Access this fundraising book on Amazon here.
5. The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by Chris Guillebeau
The link for this book on Amazon is found here.
6. The Entrepreneur Bible to Venture Capital: Inside Secrets From the Leaders in the Startup Game by Andrew Romans
The book listing on Amazon can be found here.
7. Mastering the VC Game: A Venture Capital Insider Reveals How to Get from Start-up to IPO on Your Terms by Jeffrey Bussgang
The book can be read on Amazon here.
8. Venture Capital for Dummies by Nicole Gravagna and Peter K. Adams
This business book is available on Amazon here.
9. Raising Venture Capital for the Serious Entrepreneur by Dermot Berkery
Get a preview of this book on Amazon here.
10. The Six Secrets of Raising Capital: An Insider’s Guide for Entrepreneurs by Bill Fisher
The book is available on Amazon here.
This is the list of 10 fundraising books which I have compiled for your research. Enjoy reading and learning!